Saturday, May 28, 2016

Oroquin 10 - Day 1

AM: We gave Blue his dose on Thursday night, and I went to the barn Friday morning (today) to lay eyes on him. I know in my heart and in my head that we won't see any improvement until Day 5. But I peeped in on him and he perked up to see me.

I grabbed a brush and dusted him off. I did not try to pick his hooves because he is so very, very off balance. I brushed his long mane and tail (when we were showing, that mane was so short! I love it long in his retirement, though). I sprayed him with more flyspray, and fed him his favorite peppermints. He nuzzled at me, and though his movements weren't any better or any more stable, he was super interested in what I was doing and seemed happier and perkier.

I'm betting it was the Dex that helped most.

PM: He was an even happier horse this evening. He is walking no better, but he isn't doing circles and he actually got down and rolled and had only a little trouble getting back up. I credit the Dex. He also drank two buckets of water today.

Here is a photo of his "tilted" stance:

 Here is a video of him walking crooked :
And here he is rolling and getting up. As tilted and weak as he is in his hind end, I'm stunned that he could do it:

No comments:

Post a Comment