Saturday, June 4, 2016

Oroquin 10 - Day 8

Much improvement in Blue's mood today. I stopped by the barn this morning to lay eyes on him - much more for me than for him. He was alert and happy to see me (and the apples I brought). He didn't seem overly tired.
Here's a pic of his handsome self letting me know that I made the right decision for him last night:
I came back this evening to see him, and he was again almost hyper-focused on me. Clark came with me tonight and spent some time loving on Bluehorse.


Let's just say we have to work on the subtleties of horsemanship. Good boy, Blue.


Ok, down to business. The video of the day shows the same toe dragging and a continued reluctance to move forward. Again, this almost doesn't matter for my Blue - his job is to be happy and healthy - but after such an incredible Day 5, the major concern is regression and/or relapse.

Here's the video:







A big shout out to my vet today. I've been filling texts with videos and commentary on dropping out of sheath and every other panic attack that comes along. Thanks to Emily for being there for Blue and for me. Nothing about the last few weeks has been easy. 
Speaking of, we discussed the lemavisole today. I believe Blue will be on it for 14 days following the end of the Oroquin treatment. I need to look into this more - I have been so focused on the Oroquin treatment that I have hardly looked past Day 10.

I almost forgot: here are our hind end pics of the day. First, this one of him standing very oddly - still like he isn't sure where his feet are or at least that he doesn't understand that this foot placement should be uncomfortable or awkward. This is very concerning to me:


Here is a pic of him standing just after he stopped trotting:

No comments:

Post a Comment